One of the most important factors of Property Management and part of getting the job done correctly, is the personal level of service. At Walton Property we will always go out of our way to achieve your needs whilst using the utmost level of professionalism. Here are some of the roles we take care of:-
- Our job is to advertise and promote your property in order to find the most suitable tenant. Walton Property lists all their rentals on the internet with Realestate.com.au, who have over 4 million visits per month, and of course Domain.com, and some other websites such as Allhomes, rent.com.au, Homely etc. The web has opened up the property market, making it the number one way to advertise. It has also brought the world closer to your property’s doorstep.
- Of course demographics play an important role in the rental market. Walton Property has a user friendly website, where all properties are also listed. We proudly say that a large proportion of our business comes in through referrals.
- Our policy is to always accompany prospective tenants through your property, in this way we are also getting to know them and assessing their suitability. This initial screening of tenants gives us a good indication as to the suitability and the best canditate, this judgement comes from years of experience and industry knowledge.
- Attention to detail begins with tenant selection. Rigorous criteria is adhered to at all times, while utilizing the TICA database (black listed tenants) and all necessary reference checks to ensure you are presented with the best possible tenant.
- Collect and lodge all bond monies with the Residential Tenancies Authority.
- Our office is always available to receive all correspondence from the tenants. This includes repairs, complaints, compliments and even recommendations! I have over 25 years experience and knowledge in the industry, and my mission is to always achieve the best possible outcome for you as my client.
- We feel it is pertinent to conduct regular drive-by inspections. This 5 minute exercise allows to check the external presentation of the home
- Monthly statements emailed or sent on the 1st working day of each new month and rental monies paid on time into your nominated bank account
- General inspections carried out quarterly (if a tenant is showing consistently excellent inspections we will offer 6 monthly inspections as an incentive to them) with a detailed report sent to you stating any repairs or suggestions.
- Advise on changing rental property and market conditions which may lead to a rental increase at each inspection.
- Financial year statements sent out automatically following financial year end.
- Council rates, water rates and any including all disbursements and creditors can be paid out of your rent money at no extra cost to you.
- Offering you access to the most sophisticated software available including latest Console Gateway database with inbuilt synchronization.
- Invoice and collect water usage component from the tenant, for your reimbursement.
- Obtain quotes and arrange repairs, including maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, roof and roof plumbing, painting, tiling, shower leaks, handyman duties etc. We have access to a network of quality trades people that will look after your property.
- Collect rent, ensuring arrears are kept to a minimum and enforce, where possible, that tenants maintain rental payments one week in advance.
Scale of Fees (All fees are subject to GST)
|Management fee (Residential)||7%|
|Management fee (Commercial)||10%|
|Sales Commission||contact office|
|Letting fee (with management)||1 weeks rent|
|Letting fee (without management)||2 weeks rent|
|Letting fee (Commercial)||1 months rent|
|Lease preparation fee||$30.00|
|Duplicate keys||at cost|
|Attendance to Tribunal Court||$40.00 flat fee|
|Service of a summons or any notice||at cost|
|Applying to CTTT||at cost|
What is our purpose?
The purpose of a Property Manager is to first and foremost manage and protect your investment. It is our job to provide smooth communication between you and your tenant, and maximize the rental return.
We are trained negotiators and can allow you to stay at a professional distance. This provides the comfort and privacy that your tenants deserve, while maintaining your own peace of mind.
When we accompany a prospective tenant through your property, you can rest assured that we take every opportunity to get to know them, and ensure they will be a perfect fit for your home, leaving you to sit back in the comfort of your own home and watch your investment grow.
Having access to memberships such as REI (The Real Estate Institute) and TICA, Walton Property can explore records of unsavoury tenants. Our high standards in the selection process combined with good communication and a top management team will surely give you peace of mind.
I would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your property needs.